Friday, September 19, 2014

The Journey : Day 5

Fri 9/19 @ 10:19 am : Good morning !


  I'm sitting in the hospital room with my Mom & Dad. Thanks for all of your prayers for my Dad. He enjoys talking to all of the nurses and doctors and telling them about his faith in Jesus. Today is a climactic time. The test results from his lung biopsy will probably be back today. Dad's doctor has stated his opinion that the results may not be as good as we hope. However, those results are not back yet.

  There is some fluid around my dad's lungs and h...eart that is causing pressure and elevating his pulse. They are awaiting the results, and then will do a procedure to remove the fluids. Dad & Mom are talking about looking into other clinics or doctors, like a thoracic surgeon. Pray that I can be a help to locate and evaluate places and doctors, as well as some of our close relatives.

  We still have our hearts open to a miracle, and are so thankful that so many of you are praying in that direction. Also pray that God will be glorified and we will all draw closer to him, and also have opportunities to be a blessing and witness to others here.
This is definitely becoming a life-changing experience for me. It is both encouraging and sad to be around my dad and be so near to him, watching him smile and laugh and talk to everyone, but then to see his pain and exhaustion from this experience of being confined to a bed, and all of the tests and procedures that are so constant and unending.

  Today is just a waiting game. The biopsy results may be in today, but we do not know exactly at what time. Please keep on praying. I know that hundreds of people are praying for my Dad, all over the country and world. Your comments are so encouraging. If you have any questions, let me know. Thank You.


_____________________________________________________________
 
Fri 9/19 @ 10:48 am
 
  Folks- the doctor's PA just came into our room with the test results and said that it was Non-Small-Cell Cancer. so-- we go in a different direction today, my Dad is going to probably be transferred today to Presbyterian Hospital in Charlotte, your continued prayers are appreciated. They are going to drain fluid from around my dad's heart, and then try to determine if the cells have spread, and what to do from there. 

Thank You again for your prayers on my dad's behalf. Thank You Bob.
 
_____________________________________________________________
 
Fri 9/19 @ 2:10 pm

  Going by Amtrak to Charlotte at 7pm tonight to join my Mom & Dad at Presbyterian Hospital. Pray for us. Thanks Bob.

No comments:

Post a Comment