Sunday, October 5, 2014

Good News & Bad News

Wed, Oct. 1 @ 12:59 pm
   My dad went to his local cardiologist on Tuesday, he is going to have a full-body PET scan done on Thursday, and has an appointment with a local oncologist on Friday.
   Please continue to pray for his health & a miracle on his body! Thanks! 

Thurs, Oct 2 @ 11:18 am
   Pray for us to possibly find someone hospitable as in regards to my family. We've been aware that our old family house has a mold & mildew problem, which started during Hurricane Hugo years ago. This is a problem that may have contributed to my dad's cancer. As he leaves rehab in a week or two, I'm praying that a home or apartment will open up locally for them to reside in temporarily while my dad is on some kind of treatment program. It needs to be a newer, cleaner place than the one that we have. In the meantime, if we do relocate my dad, I hope to somehow find ways to clean up the house. Mold & mildew do not go away easily.  If any of you know of such a person who may have an apartment or small house available, please let me know.
   Thank you for your continued prayers for my Dad. He goes for a full-body PET scan today, then we go meet a local oncologist tomorrow for the results.

   My dad was on about three or four med's when he went in the hospital. Now we got a printout of his med's, my count is 15 now! He's taking four med's for his heart, various others for blood pressure, pain, anxiety, bowels, you name it. Please pray for his health and to get him off of these ASAP. Some of them may be keeping him alive though. He gets a full-body P E T scan today, and we are meeting with an oncologist tomorrow that will analyze it for us.

Fri, Oct 3 @ 4:40 pm
   Dad, Mom & I met with the oncologist today. I won't go into details yet, but it wasn't exactly what we'd hoped to hear. We are going over our options, and talking over whether we wish to stay here in town for treatment, or go to another facility.
   Dad seems relaxed and in fair spirits, both he and mom are a bit numb (as I am) about the prognosis, but we are also willing to walk forward together, and take whatever may come.
   I'm doing my own research, but if any of you know of any NATURAL treatments that are good for cancer, including various foods, (fruits and vegetables, herbs, vitamins, amino acids), etc, let me know what you know, or what treatments that you or someone you know have used and how it worked.
   We are going to look into buying a top-of-the-line juicer soon, and utilizing a regimen of raw natural substances. We are also looking at some traditional methods of treatment also, but not ruling out anything as of yet.
   We still hold fast to hope and faith in our Healer. I am reminded of the story of Lazarus, the family members & friends told Jesus that he was "too late", but with God, he is NEVER late for an appointment. So we will pray believing, and ask him to give us his answer.
   Thank you for your continued prayers and support. My Dad will be at The Laurels for the next week or two (at least). Hopefully, he will get a private room next week.

READ MORE about my Dad & Updates @ http://bobsparents.blogspot.com

Sat, Oct 4 @ 12:56 pm
   We knew that Dad had a couple of masses in his right lung. After a PET scan on Thursday, we met with an oncologist on Friday, and found that at least four other small or medium size masses (stage 3 or 4) were found in his lung, chest, and neck. Three of them were on his lymph nodes. One was at the posterior of his sternum, where the bronchial tube branches off to the lungs.
   We are looking at different therapy options, it is my opinion that Dad will probably not be able to have either surgery, radiation, or chemo. I'm not a firm believer in those therapies. But his overall health, plus the -location- of the cancers may not even allow for any of those options.
   So we are looking at the possibility of other natural alternative therapies. We are probably going to purchase a high-end juicer this next week, and begin to give Dad juiced fruits & veggies around-the-clock. I've been told to look for -organic- fruits & veggies, and of course, they cost more.
   If any of you friends would like to contribute to either a juicer or toward a fund for the organics that we will be giving to Dad, let me know & I'll let you know how to do that. Your prayers cost nothing but your time & faith in God's power, and I ask foremost for you to continue in praying and believing.
   Thank You Friends. We all love & appreciate you & your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment