Friday, September 26, 2014

Bob & Betty

MOM & DAD... TOGETHER
  Mom & Dad.  82 & 83 years old... umm, I mean young... here we are in the hospital at Presbyterian in Charlotte.   The nurse took this pic for me.  They've been through an ordeal the past ten days, being 5 days in Rowan's hospital, and 5 more days in Charlotte.  I started staying 12-hour days at our local hospital, but Friday (9/19) when they were admitted here in Charlotte, I came down & have stayed with them ever since, 24 hours a day.  Mom will not often leave the room.  She tries to stay by Dad's side all day and all night.  It has not been easy, but it has been a bonding experience for us.

  I've been the gopher, go-for-this, go-for-that.  It doesn't bother me at all, in fact, it allows me to get to know a new and different environment here at Presbyterian Hospital, which is like a city within a city.  I have gotten myself lost a couple of times, but only for a minute, and I get back on track.  There are so many "left's" and "right's" in hospitals, if you take a left when you should've taken a right, then it can be difficult.

   I am going to upload a few of my Facebook posts about my Mom & Dad, and our stay here in the hospital.  Hope you don't get bored, reading about medications and procedures.  There are a lot of them here.  Blood work, IV tubes, meds, get up, walking, bathing, propping pillows, go-for-food, eat, sit down, get up, walk again, more meds, potty time, take vitals, get up & get in bed, ... as you can see, this goes on & on & on... and on again!  It may not exactly be exciting, but it is continual activity.

  Okay- suffice to say, none of us expected this experience, it surprised all of us.  But we're making the best of it, and growing close together.   Hope you enjoy reading about our journey together.


No comments:

Post a Comment