Sunday, October 5, 2014

New News :: Prayers Answered

   Some "New News" about my Dad

   We had a private family meeting today at my dad's rehab center in a reserved room. My sister and her husband came, plus his younger teenage granddaughter, who got to see my Dad for the first time in awhile.  Dad was touched by having all of us together.  The only one missing was his older granddaughter, who is planning to come visit tomorrow.

   We all discussed my dad's condition, and some options for treatment.  My sister is going to try to schedule another meeting with the oncologist for early this coming week. I am personally against any chemo or radiation treatments.  I know they are toxic by nature, and I do not feel that my dad can tolerate them.  But the oncologist is probably going to schedule an appointment with a local radiologist, who will discuss his opinion about the possibility of treating my dad's neck tumors with radiation.

   Meanwhile, I am reading and researching.  Time is of the essence, and sometimes I feel as if it is an uphill battle.  Often, I am tired and trying to read a book or get online to research topics at various websites.  Two books were ordered for us to read. One was recommended by a friend, it is "Killing Cancer, Not People" by Robert G. Wright.  I found out about the other book through a TV interview with the author, a pastor named Mark Batterson.  I was already familiar with him through his book "The Circle Maker".  His newer book is called "The Grave Robber : How Jesus Can Make Your Impossible Possible".  I believe the book is based upon the account in John 11 about Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead.  Family and friends had felt disheartened and let down by Jesus arriving after Lazarus was already in the grave.  They all believed in Jesus, but felt that he had arrived "too late" to make a difference.  It goes on to show that God is -NEVER- late for an appointment, especially one that he makes with someone.

   I had expressed a prayer request that we needed to locate two things : (1) a top-of-the-line juicer, and (2) an alternative place for my dad to temporarily relocate during his treatment and recuperation.  Both prayers have apparently been answered.  A friend has offered a juicer for our use, and a family member has made a house available.  Isn't that great?

   One thing that has been somewhat confusing has been all of the various treatments that are offered and promoted.  I've friends that say, "You don't need to do -anything else- but take this one product".  Other products or programs are touted to be a "sure cure".  It's difficult to spend time and have the wisdom to discern between things that are hyped and things that are truly beneficial.

   I have found a few things that I believe may be an answer or at least a help in fighting this battle.  I may list a few.  If any of you have experience or additional information about any of them, please let me know. They include Aloe Arborescens, Proteolytic Enzymes, Cesium Chloride & Hydrazine Sulfate, etc.  I'm also compiling a list of cancer-killing natural substances such as carrots, broccoli, spinach, kale, mushrooms, beets, garlic, etc. and plan to use them in a juicer soon.

   [Just read something that stated that the Cesium Chloride can cause problems with irregular heart rhythm;  my dad already has this problem, and is taking medications for it]

   Friends- Thanks again for your support and prayers.  Continue to pray for my Dad and all of us for wisdom, and also peace and love within our family.  I ask you to pray in faith for a complete healing for my Dad.  He is secure in his faith, and does not fear dying or death, or what comes after.  He is actually looking forward to being with Jesus, but also wishes to remain here awhile long with my Mom and the rest of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment