Wednesday, September 17, 2014

The Journey : Day 3

Wed 9/17 @ 2:22 pm : Hey Folks- THIS POST IS REGARDING MY DAD : 

   One of you asked for his name, he is also "Bob", actually "I am also Bob", he was Bob Wingate before I was Bob Wingate. So "Bob Sr". anyways...
 
   Dad is 83, he's been having extreme pain all over his body for several weeks, and perhaps I should have pushed more for him to check it out sooner. He's been mostly confined to his bed and chair in his room. It's been weeks since he's really been "out." He hasn't felt well at all for awhile. Monday, he was having severe pain in his stomach area, he was nauseous, and couldn't eat anything. Right now, it's been 2 1/2 days since he's eaten, and only drank water.
 
   They did a cat-scan and then several X-rays of his front chest and stomach areas, and found two masses, one is about 2.5 cm long, in his lung. They are on the same side, but in different lobes. The fluid was drained, and it was being analyzed, but after the doctors reviewed the pictures, they decided to go ahead and do a biopsy of Dad's lung today, and get tissue from the actual mass. They will do that later this afternoon. The results will most likely be back tomorrow or Friday.
 
   It is definitely preliminary, but the nurses are beginning to speculate that it is probably worse than expected. It may be that the fluid is an expansion of the masses, I want you to pray for my Dad, he says that "he is ready to go anytime", but that he wishes also to get better, he does not want to leave my mom, and the rest of us, and he says that he would like for us to go on a couple of trips before he goes to meet our Lord. I understand, he is sentimental about certain places, plus he has been confined with all of the pain he's been experiencing, and has not been able to travel, except to the doctor, or an occasional drive around town.
 
   If any of you have known my dad, you know he is quite a character. He said to us (and a nurse) yesterday, "My mind and my body are about worn out, but my mouth still works fine." He always has a story to tell you. He was sharing that he had witnessed to a young boy in the emergency room the night before about God's love and grace. The boy had come in after being hit in the knee repeatedly by his "friends", Dad said the boy said he had knifed one of his attackers. Wow-- but anyway, Dad says he loves to tell others about the Lord.
 
   I believe in miracles, I believe in prayer, and it is not a pie-in-the-sky kind of a belief, not a wishing-well, not even a Santa-Claus kind of belief, but a strong Belief in a God who loves us to a degree and scope that is totally beyond our understanding. It is unconditional and based on Jesus his Son, who gave his life for us. and God is concerned for our physical as well as our spiritual health. Bottom line is, God can raise my dad up, and I'd like you to pray for that, but also pray for his love to be demonstrated and experienced by all of us, and for us to trust him. It's not easy, because of our temptation to doubt and question and also try to work things out on our own. I hope this experience will bring me closer and allow me to trust him more.
 
God Bless You, Dad. I Love You.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment